tisdag, oktober 23, 2007

Concerning Irrelevance


Sometimes I am amazed by the irrelevance of this blog. I have absolutely nothing to contribute to the world, yet still I inflict my blog upon it. What has it ever done to deserve such a horror?
Well, what did the world do to deserve the Seven Plagues?
When you consider the matter in that light, my terror isn't nearly as bad and I feel kind of good about myself. Although for some reason I have been feeling a bit... biblical lately. I believe it is time for me to learn more about stories and legends of other religions so I can start refer to them as well. Schools should teach more of that and less of christianity. A little more variation, please.

To return to irrelevance, I read through some of my earlier posts and I realized what nonsense I have written. Half of it doesn't even make sense, when read as written. And the lack of updates of my life, the only thing that interests those who read this, has apparently caused a grave amount of distress, as some of you readers have voiced very loudly to me.
But to be honest... I have a very uninteresting life right now. Or, well, I do have some elements of interest going on, but nothing I feel like sharing in public. I must be one of the most boring persons in the entire blog-society. But I actually never have anything interesting to say. Or I have lots, but due to my five-seconds-attention-span it disappears somewhere into the oblivion that is my conciousness. I think my mind is like a black hole... things get sucked in and mysteriously disappears. Well, not exactly disappears, I am quite certain that it stays in the black hole of my mind, since it resurface briefly at times, when needed. But I may very well be unable to recall it on my own. I don't know, I don't usually try. Probably because of previously mentioned attention span.

Even though I lead a very uninteresting life with a very chaotic mind, people are wrong to assume that I am, well, dumb. Because
in contrary of what my blog may present me as, I am rather intelligent beneath the surface, and if I would want to be I can also be very serious. Still, I fear my irrelevance haunt those two traits in me as well. Probably because I tend to get bored very easily. Probably because I am a very creative person. I need a certain level of... not quite intellectual, but... let's say creational challenge of a sort, to keep things interesting to me.

Friends and loved ones often tells me that I talk a lot and that I talk fast.
Should any one of them actually get a preview of how my mind works they would realize that I kind of have to, just to keep up with what's going on inside. The speed of my thinking would give a new meaning to the phrase "my mind is racing". So when one take this into consideration, it may not be as surprising that my posts are very irrelevant. It may start out with one thing that does make sense, but halfwaythrough I have completely forgotten what that one thing was and continued with a dozen other things that have nothing to do with what I started writing about at all.
Huh. Maybe that's why I suck at writing reports in school.

So... what does this have to do with you readers?
That's simple. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I have no idea why I write this entry. It's no more than yet another uninteresting post in the long line of irrelevance that precedes it. Maybe I'm feeling philosophical.
Maybe I'm bored. Who knows? (Who cares?)

Did I have a point in writing this at all?
I suppose I did. But you know, with an attention-span like mine, one can never tell what I intend with anything I do.
It's most likely a lost cause the very minute I start it, because everything I begin seems to get a life of it's own after a while and if I ever am able to remember what its purpose was, I find that the finished product rarely is what it was intended to be.

Although, it takes about five seconds and then I don't really care anymore at the moment.


Oooh! Ice-cream truck! :D :D :D


Inga kommentarer: