torsdag, juli 19, 2007

Howl's Moving Castle


A little more than a week ago, right in the beginning of our IRL, the beautiful Nahal gave me a book called "Howl's Moving Castle", by author Diana Wynne Jones. I had already seen the movie, a couple of times and loved it, so I have been rather curious about it as a book. Today seemed like a perfect opportunity to begin reading it, since I wanted something else to occupy my mind for a change. So today I picked it up, a couple of hours ago, and today, no more than half an hour ago, I put it down.

My first impression is that it was nothing at all like the movie. Really. The story seemed to have been built in two so completely different ways that it is hard to connect the pair. Now, I am not saying that either is better than the other because they are both kind of brilliant in their own manner.
Though of course, as it almost always does, the book did explain a lot of things that has been left out of the movie, but at the same time I think the movie was in many ways... cuter. And I think the differences they have are perfect for my taste, because the book is written as I like to read such a story and the movie is made as I would prefer a movie.

Although, despite me being very lenient as I always am, I actually preferred the ending of the book. Particularly the part of how the threesome ended up. But I did miss the dark Howl out of the movie, since that was one of my favourite elements from the movie.

But all in all, I simply liked it. A lot. ^^


1 kommentar:

Autumn sa...

I'm thrilled you enjoyed it, sweet. It's a charming, beautiful, entertaining book, and the characters are written with love.

And I'm glad to see you're writing again =) I must link to you, pronto =)